What Personal Information About Customers Does HOALendingXchange Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your online experience at HOALendingXchange. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses HOALendingXchange. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at HOALendingXchange if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications:To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from HOALendingXchange if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies may allow you to take full advantage of some of HOALendingXchange's features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does HOALendingXchange Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our visitors is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries HOALendingXchange controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Agents:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling publication orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information.
- You can add or update certain information on some pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please email your request to alan.seilhammer@HOALendingXchange.com and include your name, company or association name, address, telephone number, and email address. We will honor all such requests.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. You may not be able to access some features of the website if your cookies are disabled.
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site,Site Seeing on the Internet.
HOALendingXchange does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use HOALendingXchange only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for information; join HOALendingXchange; place an order through HOALendingXchange or register for an event; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; or subscribe to our Email Newsletter. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; e-mails to us; and membership information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver communication more easily; membership information, and page-view information from other sources; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features; and search results and links.